New capacitor line from Jupiter

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Colossal

New capacitor line from Jupiter

Post by Colossal »

For those that may interested, Jupiter Condenser is now offering a line of electrolytics. They resemble Sprague TVA/Atom series, at least in appearance.

https://jupitercondenser.com/products/c ... xial-leads
ViperDoc

Re: New capacitor line from Jupiter

Post by ViperDoc »

I picked some of those up for a DR build coming down the pipe. I will return and report.
Just plug it in, man.
pdf64

Post by pdf64 »

I wonder if they resemble Sprague TVA Atoms inside? :lol:
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

pdf64 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:00 pm I wonder if they resemble Sprague TVA Atoms inside? :lol:
Giant can, little Tootsie roll? Let's hope not.

tootsie.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thetragichero

Post by thetragichero »

recently i've been buying the "mod caps" electrolytics from antique electronic supply/ce dist and i dig em, mainly because they look cool (and that's all that really matters for gut shots, right? :lol: ) and aren't that much more expensive than the generic axial caps they carry. they had some cheaper 16uf/475v caps that i have had nothing but problems with
PRR wrote: Plotting loadlines is only for the truly desperate, or terminally bored.
drew

Post by drew »

“life-like vibrance, true presence, dreamy aural decay, and detail to take your breath away.”

I guess that justifies the farcical pricing. :roll:
Lauri

Post by Lauri »

Datasheet of those capacitors has no mention of load life. Does it mean snake oil lasts forever?
sll

Post by sll »

Kendrick Amps sells their custom produced electrolytics, as well as their self branded film caps, for very competitive prices. I've been very happy with their sound and reliability.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

drew wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:18 pm “life-like vibrance, true presence, dreamy aural decay, and detail to take your breath away.”

I guess that justifies the farcical pricing. :roll:
Confirmation bias, anybody? I s'pose if you pay nosebleed prices for components, or entire amps, guitars, effects etc, that means that they must sound fantastic.

Y'know, those Trainwreck amps were sorta run-of-the-mill when they were new. Then after they'd been flipped a few times and the prices passed $20,000, they attained legendary tone. That's the way it works, innit? ;)
down technical blind alleys . . .