Charlie Wilson

Re: DUMBLE Trade Mark

Post by Charlie Wilson »

The funny thing thing about all of this is that the pedal sounds awful.🙄
CW
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

Smitty wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:34 am I suspect Dumble trademark piratry will devolve into something like Elvis impersonation or Barbara Streisand drag queens.
It hasn't already??
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

jabguit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:09 am
Smitty wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:34 am I suspect Dumble trademark piratry will devolve into something like Elvis impersonation or Barbara Streisand drag queens.
It hasn't already??
https://tenor.com/bajsl.gif
Charlie
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

WhopperPlate wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:48 pm

https://tenor.com/bajsl.gif
:lol: :lol:
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

WhopperPlate wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 pm I thought Ken Fisher’s family personally gave their blessings to the current train wreck builder. Pretty low for them to make that reference .

3A207C59-A923-479D-BC4C-8C85065D9E7D.png
My feelings on this charade would really be best served in it's own thread, but the guy building sanctioned Trainwrecks had to learn most of the intimate aspects from Amp Garage stalwart Allyn Meyers. Transformer, capacitors, and major component types and choices were gained from Allyn. While he may have assisted Ken, and the family may be sanctioning what they are making, he's hardly the gifted "designer" they're marketing would lead you to believe. He builds at Ken's bench, in Ken's mommy's house, but whether that makes it a "real Trainwreck" well that's debatable. Carry-on.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

The sad thing about all this, is that the US Dumble trademarks may very well be taken by these guys, since a) to keep a mark you have to use it. Dumble was an individual, not a company, and his wishes were that his legacy not be continued. Drew Berlin and Dumbles brother are (supposedly) cleaning up whatever was left behind. I do hope those who are owed amps get refunds, as I doubt they will get new amps. I also hope those who are owed amp repairs, get their amps back (Dean Parks ODS has been there over ten years...supposedly fixed but "the cabinet and chassis are in two different places"). Not sure if he kept any records, schematics or anything of value, but he was pretty specific about his wishes being that things end with his passing.

I attached a few documents available online regarding US marks they are attempting to void and take over with their own. I don't know, nor care, if they filed anything in the UK, but this is sad and shameful, and I'm not a lawyer but I think they may even get away with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:33 pm
WhopperPlate wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 pm I thought Ken Fisher’s family personally gave their blessings to the current train wreck builder. Pretty low for them to make that reference .

My feelings on this charade would really be best served in it's own thread, but the guy building sanctioned Trainwrecks had to learn most of the intimate aspects from Amp Garage stalwart Allyn Meyers. Transformer, capacitors, and major component types and choices were gained from Allyn. While he may have assisted Ken, and the family may be sanctioning what they are making, he's hardly the gifted "designer" they're marketing would lead you to believe. He builds at Ken's bench, in Ken's mommy's house, but whether that makes it a "real Trainwreck" well that's debatable. Carry-on.
Whereas this may be a can of worms better suited for its own thread, let’s not kid ourselves …he has the family’s blessing .

Anyone can gripe about it not being a “ real train wreck”, that is absolutely besides the point. This guy flat out said they have “nothing to do with the family”.

Everyone has opinions…edit: just like assholes, and they all stink ….

Kens family had everything to do with trainwreck amplifiers… this isn’t an opinion… carry on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
pdf64

Post by pdf64 »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:40 pm
I attached a few documents available online regarding US marks they are attempting to void and take over with their own…
Justin Harrision of Music Ground infamy strikes again!
Not content with guitar theft / vintage amp fakery on an industrial scale, he’s now adding Dumble fakery to his CV (already includes Hiwatt and JMI).
Cant accuse him of being a quitter, I suppose :?

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussi ... dal-brands
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

WhopperPlate wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:14 pm
FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:33 pm

Whereas this may be a can of worms better suited for its own thread, let’s not kid ourselves …he has the family’s blessing .

Anyone can gripe about it not being a “ real train wreck”, that is absolutely besides the point. This guy flat out said they have “nothing to do with the family”.

Everyone has opinions…edit: just like assholes, and they all stink ….

Kens family had everything to do with trainwreck amplifiers… this isn’t an opinion… carry on.
$anctioned. Again, the connection to the family, house, workbench, whatever is nice, but realize the family does benefit from the enterprise. We can leave the Wreck thing out of this, nor his qualifications. Agreed.

At-least there is a family connection (which these guys are willing to ignore), unlike this attempted, sad, Dumble grab.
FUCHSAUDIO

Re: DUMBLE Trade Mark (some positive news)

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

I'm somewhat legally/morally bound to not openly go into too much detail, but I had a really nice conversation with Drew Berlin yesterday.
He told me that so-far they returned "37 amps" to their respective owners (fixed or not), and the family (with his assistance) will be doing what they need to do to legally protect the trademarks from the "english scum".

So there's that :)
rccolgan

Post by rccolgan »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 pm I'm somewhat legally/morally bound to not openly go into too much detail, but I had a really nice conversation with Drew Berlin yesterday.
He told me that so-far they returned "37 amps" to their respective owners (fixed or not), and the family (with his assistance) will be doing what they need to do to legally protect the trademarks from the "english scum".

Fun! Thanks for the unofficial scoop. Let's only hope
Ryan
https://www.thetonegeek.com/
j0k3335

Re: DUMBLE Trade Mark (some positive news)

Post by j0k3335 »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 pm I'm somewhat legally/morally bound to not openly go into too much detail, but I had a really nice conversation with Drew Berlin yesterday.

Thanks for these infos :wink: hoping for the best!
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

WhopperPlate wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:30 pm First thing that pops up in a search engine https://trademarks.justia.com/763/66/du ... 66099.html
Yep, I just had to renew my trademark last week. There's a long involved story of me trying to help HAD get back his website from Andy Fuchs. Howard refused to give the website registration folks his address or phone # to do the transfer.

He wasn't that easy to work with. Can't blame anyone but HAD for this one. However, a pedal builder? Uhh...right. But that's why you renew your trademark. Otherwise there would be Chinese and Euro Scumbacks being marketed (went through this twice already).
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
Synesthesia

Post by Synesthesia »

Wow. He had 37 amps that needed to be returned to people? Am I reading and interpreting this correctly? If they were still being built/fixed I get it. However, if they were completed, that's another story isn't it? Maybe some of these will see light of day now... I'm still waiting to find out more about Larry Carlton's SSS and Eric Johnson's original 80's ODS...

Seems like the family is going to keep HAD's personal amps, which I understand. The "first amp ever made" that he's allegedly playing through in the photo from Orianthi would be a real trip.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Yes, I was proudly told "we've returned 37 amps to their owners so far". I know Dean Parks got his back, I know Landau got something back, I'm sure many others. That's refreshing. Apparently, HAD was a procrastinator...a big one.
Again, I am at limited liberty to put much information out there. I can say it seems like it's being handled professionally and properly and fairly to the family too.